Visit the Research Center
Visit our Research Center and work with our wide-ranging collections.
- Discover facts about your home or property
- Do genealogy and learn about your family’s past
- Document the history of your business or organization
- Study maps or photographs from bygone eras
- Access books and articles on Lake Forest/Lake Bluff history
Make an appointment or submit your research question via the form below, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 847.234.5253.
The Research Center is open by appointment Tuesday through Friday from 10am-4pm.
It is located in the one-story building facing Washington Road behind the museum building.
PLEASE NOTE: All Research Center visitors must check-in first at the museum front desk.
Research Room Policies
Photocopies can be made when the condition of the original allows, for 10 cents per page. Taking photos with a phone camera is also generally permitted.
We have pricing options for scanning images in our collection and use of those images - inquire with staff.
For long-term research projects, a study carrel can be set up.