Plan Your Visit
The History Center is free and open to the public.
The museum is open Tuesday through Thursday, 10 am to 4 pm, and Saturday 1 to 4 pm.
The Research Center is open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please email email@example.com
To arrange a museum visit outside of open hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several Covid-19 prevention measures will be in place including:
- Face coverings over nose and mouth required of unvaccinated visitors and recommended for others. Masks are available onsite if need be.
- Hand sanitizer stations in Lobby and Education Hall, with styluses and wipes for touch screens
- Staggered visitor entrance to gallery exhibit and permanent exhibit as necessary
- Frequent hand washing and daily wipe down of all surfaces by staff
We look forward to seeing you back at the History Center!
The History Center is dedicated to ensuring accessibility for all of its visitors.
- We offer handicap accessible parking spaces and the main entrance to the museum from the parking lot is wheelchair accessible.
- We have accessible bathrooms.
- We offer a hearing loop for all hearing assisted devices during all lectures and public programs.
We're located at the corner of Deerpath and Washington Road in Lake Forest, Illinois. The official address is 509 East Deerpath, Lake Forest, IL 60045.
Access to our parking is on Washington Road, behind the museum. The parking lot is open during museum hours and all public events.
The Research Center is located on the same campus, behind the museum and off the parking lot. Its physical address is 630 Washington Road.
Our parking lot accommodates 15 vehicles. Parking is also available on Washington Road and Deerpath east of Washington.
We are just two blocks from Lake Forest’s historic Market Square and the Metra train station. Several restaurants, coffee shops, and retail stores are within walking distance of the History Center.